SMIBS provides a welcoming atmosphere with natural light, suitable for research, study and learning. The library serves as a meeting place, study space, and access point to traditional and electronic text, literature and resources.
Our library space is fully equipped with books, computers and display facilities for student art and comfortable work spaces for individuals and class groups.
Our notion of collection continues to expand as our Destiny catalog offers seamless access to all materials, books, e-books, articles, websites and more. Library has become the go-to place when students need anything from homework and research help to tech help or a comfortable place to study, read, catch up on emails or gather their thoughts.
Library is a place where students are able develop research techniques to navigate databases and the ability to evaluate their findings, which skills they will need in college. As students discover more about their areas of interest, the library staff helps them find information on topics that excite them.
Our Library is open on school days Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Students are welcome to use the books, computers, and media resources available for assignment research, personal growth, and recreational reading.
Library Mission Statement
- Supporting learning and instruction through the curriculum.
- Promoting the planning, implementation, and use of technology in the school effectively and responsibly.
- Supporting the development of information literate students; to create and support partnerships with the public library and other resources in the community.
- Present intellectual and physical access to print and electronic resources with up to date technology.
- Joining teachers and others to identify links between student information needs, curricular content, learning outcomes, and a variety of print and non-print resources.